Business Continuity Management is the concept of thinking ahead to consider what threats are faced by the organisation, whether and how these can be reduced or eliminated and the steps to be taken in an emergency situation.
Carefully arranged insurance is part of this planning process but insurance can never provide the complete answer.
Some losses are clear and purely financial but others may be hidden or less obvious, such as the result of adverse publicity, the knock on effects on dependant business, the waste of unproductive time etc.
Continuity Management must, therefore, embrace the insurable and uninsurable threats to the business.
The benefits of planning ahead are to identify, evaluate and reduce the threats and to plan the course of action to take if and when they arise. In addition there will have been achieved improved risk management, a reduction in the risk, better resource management and staff awareness together with a planned and coordinated state of preparedness.
We can work with you to:
- Identify the risks (whether manmade or natural) to which you are exposed
- Assess the effects of these risks on the businesses
- Analyse the critical activities in respect of each business area
- Consider the potential unplanned events which would have a major impact
- Examine risk avoidance strategies
- Plan responses where complete risk avoidance is not possible in respect of:
o Immediate response
o Recovery action
Measures which any organisation can take prior to an incident can give it the knowledge, expertise and confidence to deal with the challenge.